See Sonda Oppewal's interview with North Carolina Now!
See Katrina Spring, a documentary short film by Gary Black produced in conjunction with UNC Chapel Hill!
The Office of the Associate Dean for Community Partnerships and Practice mentors directors of the School's outreach programs and develops, maintains, and provides leadership of Carolina nursing and healthcare initiatives. The Office also:
- Seeks, obtains, and administers private funds, grants, and contracts for clinical initiatives.
- Develops and negotiates faculty practice contracts.
- Has accountability for faculty recruitment, appointment and promotion materials, and performance evaluation for the School's faculty with 40% practice contracts.
- Participates in SON annual workload assignments.
- Provides visible nursing leadership with state, community, and regional health care providers and policymakers.
- Services as SON liaison for adjunct faculty.
- Has budgetary authority and accountability for clinical initiatives, outreach programs, and practice faculty.
Office of Community Partnerships and Practice
School of Nursing,
Carrington Hall, CB #7460
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-7460
Phone: (919) 843-6169